- 1 --- onion, peeled, halved
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 --- potato, peeled, quartered
- 1 --- carrot, cut into pieces
- 250 g red lentils, washed and drained
- 1250 g Water (filtered water preferred)
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste, Thermimade if possible
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g capsicum paste
- 30 g Butter
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Flakes(optional)
1. In the mixing bowl add the onions and 20g olive oil chop 3sec/Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula then sautee for 3mins/120degrees/Speed 1
2.Add potato, carrot and chop 6sec/Speed 8, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the red lentils, vegetable stock paste, capsicum paste, salt and water cook for 20mins/100 degrees/Speed 2.
Once cooked blend for 30sec/Speed 4-8 increasing the speed gradually.
4. In a small pan melt the butter along with the mint and the mild chilli flakes (optional) on medium heat and drizzle over the soup. Serve with lemon and fresh Turkish bread. ENJOY!
Turkish Red Lentil Soup
You can choose to fry off your capsicum paste at the end with the butter and mint instead of adding it in step 3, both taste great.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Taco rissoles
- Pecan biscuits
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables