- 1 --- onion, peeled, halved
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 --- potato, peeled, quartered
- 1 --- carrot, cut into pieces
- 250 g red lentils, washed and drained
- 1250 g Water (filtered water preferred)
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste, Thermimade if possible
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g capsicum paste
- 30 g Butter
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Flakes(optional)
- 1. In the mixing bowl add the onions and 20g olive oil chop 3sec/Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula then sautee for 3mins/120degrees/Speed 1
2.Add potato, carrot and chop 6sec/Speed 8, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the red lentils, vegetable stock paste, capsicum paste, salt and water cook for 20mins/100 degrees/Speed 2.
Once cooked blend for 30sec/Speed 4-8 increasing the speed gradually.
4. In a small pan melt the butter along with the mint and the mild chilli flakes (optional) on medium heat and drizzle over the soup. Serve with lemon and fresh Turkish bread. ENJOY!
Turkish Red Lentil Soup
You can choose to fry off your capsicum paste at the end with the butter and mint instead of adding it in step 3, both taste great.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Easter Egg Buns
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Savoury Scones
- Pumpkin Scones
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding