- 1 --- onion, peeled, halved
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 --- potato, peeled, quartered
- 1 --- carrot, cut into pieces
- 250 g red lentils, washed and drained
- 1250 g Water (filtered water preferred)
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste, Thermimade if possible
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 g capsicum paste
- 30 g Butter
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Flakes(optional)
- 1. In the mixing bowl add the onions and 20g olive oil chop 3sec/Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula then sautee for 3mins/120degrees/Speed 1
2.Add potato, carrot and chop 6sec/Speed 8, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the red lentils, vegetable stock paste, capsicum paste, salt and water cook for 20mins/100 degrees/Speed 2.
Once cooked blend for 30sec/Speed 4-8 increasing the speed gradually.
4. In a small pan melt the butter along with the mint and the mild chilli flakes (optional) on medium heat and drizzle over the soup. Serve with lemon and fresh Turkish bread. ENJOY!
Turkish Red Lentil Soup
You can choose to fry off your capsicum paste at the end with the butter and mint instead of adding it in step 3, both taste great.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ASIAN CHICKEN SOUP
- Kale and Zucchini Soup
- Moroccan Carrot Soup With Chorizo
- Spicy Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Beetroot Soup
- Kusksu - Maltese Soup
- Best Ever Pumpkin Soup (Variation)
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup