Clone of Cyndi O'Meara's Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs of choice
- 100 g walnuts
- 95 g rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 150 g fetta cheese
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 45 g breadcrumbs
- Rough Puff Pastry or 3 sheets Butter Puff Pastry
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 carrot, Peeled and chopped
- 3 fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
25minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking 20min
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 200°C
Place onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms and herbs into TM bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add walnuts, oats and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down.
Add eggs, cheese, soy sauce, breadcrumbs and mix to combine for
20 seconds on speed 5.
Cut just thawed puff pastry in half on a working bench.
Place 1/6th of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, cut into four equal portions, brush the tops with whole milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Place sausage rolls on a lined baking tray, brush with beaten egg and score with knife. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C until crisp and golden.
Accessories you need
Next time I'm going to try tomato sauce or paste instead of soy sauce / tampari as that is what I would normally use in sausage rolls.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Bread
- Blue cheese, walnut and pear tart
- 'PALEO' Pizza Base
- Chicken and zucchini cakes
- Tuna and Tomato Tart
- Best ever sausage rolls
- Baked breakfast frittata (Dairy free)
- Capsicum & Zucchini Seed Crackers
- Seed crackers
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs GF DF
- Rosemary and sea salt crackers
- Easy Vegetable Slice