- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 0.5 tsp caster sugar
- 250 grams water
- 450 grams Baker's Flour, plus extra to dust
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 40 grams olive oil
- 40 grams Natural greek yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, to brush
- sesame seeds
- 40 grams parsley, leaves only
- 150 grams brown onion, halved
- 20 grams garlic
- 20 grams olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, ground
- 40 grams tomato paste
- 500 grams lamb mince
1h 25minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place baking paper onto two large baking trays and set aside.
Place yeast, sugar and water into mixing bowl and warm 1 min/37°C/speed 1.
Add flour, salt, oil and yoghurt and mix 6 sec/speed 6, then knead 1.5//.
Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Transfer dough onto lightly floured surface and work into a ball. Place into a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to prove in a warm, dry place for 30 minutes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Divide into two equal portions and shape into two 15 x 30cm rectangles, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place onto prepared baking trays and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. While the Pide is baking prepare the lamb filling.
- Place parsley in TM bowl. Chop 3 Sec/Speed 9. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Do not clean bowl. Add garlic and Chop 3 Sec/Speed 9
- Scrape down the bowl. Add onion and Chop 4 sec/Speed 5
- Scrape down the bowl. Add cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, tomato paste and mince. Cook 8 min/Varoma/Speed 1 () (MC Out)
- Add half the reserved parsley, roughly stir the ingredients with the spatula. Cook 4 min/Varoma/Speed 1 () (MC Out)
- Spread lamb mix on top of the pides, maintaining a 2cm border around the edge of each pide. Top with seasame seeds and return to the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
Accessories you need
Middle Eastern lamb pide is also delicious with a sprinkle of sumac just before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Zucchini slice/muffins
- Sweet Potato, Zucchini and Bacon Slice
- Chorizo, Spinach and Feta Triangles
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- Braised Chicken
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Pumpkin Soup
- Cheats Mansef
- Dairy Free Potato Salad