- 100 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 600 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100 g full cream milk
- 150 g natural yoghurt
- 50 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g pork fillet, cut into cubes (3 cm) and slightly frozen
- 0.25 tsp ground ginger
- 0.25 tsp Ground Coriander
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg, separated
- 40 g currants, flattened to make eyes
- 2 tsp pouring (whipping) cream
2h 30minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place butter and 150 g of the flour into mixing bowl and mix 3 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place milk, yoghurt, cream, yeast, sugar, egg, salt and remaining 450 g flour into mixing bowl and mix 40 sec/speed 4.
- Add reserved butter mixture and knead 1 min 30 sec/. Transfer into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap or wrap in a silicone bread mat (ThermoMat) and set aside to prove for 1 1/2 hours, until doubled in size. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place 250 g of the pork into mixing bowl and mince Turbo/1 sec/4-6 times. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining pork into mixing bowl and mince Turbo/1 sec/4-6 times. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add all remaining filling ingredients, including reserved pork mince, and combine Turbo/1 sec/2 times. Set aside.
- Line 2 baking trays (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll out each portion of the dough (3 mm thickness). Using round cookie cutters (10 cm and 3.5 cm), cut out a total of 18 large circles (10 cm) and 27 small circles (3.5 cm). Re-roll leftover dough and cut out as needed.
- Place 2-3 teaspoons of the reserved pork filling into the centre of each of the large circles, then bring edges together to enclose filling and seal bun. Place seam side down onto prepared baking trays.
- Using the end of a plastic straw, cut out two holes in each of the 18 smaller circles (to form pigs' snouts). Discard dough in straw. Brush faces with egg white and attach a snout to the front of each bun.
- Cut remaining 9 small circles into quarters (to make pigs' ears). Brush tops of buns with a little more egg white and attach 2 ears onto the top of each bun, pressing down firmly to secure. Push 2 currants into buns (to make pigs' eyes) above the snout.
- Place egg yolk and cream into a bowl and beat, then brush egg wash all over buns.
- Place buns into a cold oven, set temperature to 180°C and bake for 20-22 minutes (180°C) until golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Fresh tomato tart
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Classic chocolate fudge
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Pie-maker lemon custard pies
- NO Tin Beetroot
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- Annabel Langbein ultimate chocolate cake
- Spinach and ricotta muffins
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- GLUTEN FREE NO ADDED SUGAR PLUM TART
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Amaretti Biscuits
- Banana Pancakes