- 450 g cheese
- 160 g onion, about 1 1/2
- 375 g bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 500 g tomato relish
- 2 loaves of toast bread
Dice cheese on speed 6 for 5-10 seconds. Set aside in a large bowl.
Dice onion on speed 5 for 5-10 seconds. Set aside in same bowl as the cheese.
Dice bacon on speed 3 for 5-7 seconds. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
Add eggs, worcestershire sauce and relish to bacon and mix on reverse, speed 2 for 5 seconds.
Add cheese and onion to bacon mix. Mix on reverse, speed 2-3 for 30 seconds using spatula to assist in mixing.
Toast the bread. Spread mix on one side of the warm toasted bread and place in a moderate oven for about 15 minutes until golden. Cut into desired size and serve.
Accessories you need
This is a dish my mum used to make regularly for birthday parties and get togethers. She typically makes this with relish but I have recently enjoyed it with home-made salsa, chutney and even a spicy tomato sauce.
This is best enjoyed hot but is still quite nice cold. I make up a few batches of this when I need to use up some bread and freeze them in a container in between sheets of baking paper. Alternatively, freeze the mix before spreading on to the toast ready for the next birthday.
This is great for kids lunchboxes or as an after school snack.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Super Easy British Cheese Straws
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Simple sausage rolls
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Veggie Fritters
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce