- 125 g Minced beef, Mince your own from semi frozen meat
- 4 tsp beef stock powder
- 2 ½ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 turnip, cut into large chunks
- 2 onions, cut into 4
- 1 potato, cut into large chunks
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- 500 g rough puff pastry, See my recipe on this site
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 1 ginger, fresh, About 10cm, peeled & cut in half
- 1 piece shallot, Remove roots
- 1 piece coriander, fresh, Use all, including roots
Add aromatics to bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 8. Then add mince, oats, stock powder, and pepper and combine. Remove from TM bowl and set aside into a large mixing bowl.
Add all root vegetables to TM bowl. I don't bother peeling the root vegetables. Just chop roughly. Just make sure carrot is cut a little smaller than other vegies as it's harder. To chop vegetables, place into bowl in order listed and chop on speed 5 for a couple of seconds at a time. Use the spatula to stir around and chop again if necessary. Add to mince ingredients and mix well.
To make pasties: Preheat oven to 200C. Line two trays with baking paper. Roll out pastry and cut circles using a small side plate (I sometimes make smaller ones using my pie maker cutter). Place a circle of pastry onto baking tray. Brush inside with beaten egg and place filling on one half, avoiding edges. Fold other half over and seal by pressing with fork tines. Prick with a sharp pointed knife or use a fork. Brush with beaten egg and bake for half an hour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chillean Empanadas
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- Turkey mince burger patties
- Marvelous Blend's Tomato Sauce
- Chinese samosa
- Mah Mah's Hot Steak Sauce
- Gorgonzola and Gouda Sauce
- Beef Burger Patties
- Paleo/keto Cajun chicken snitty & slaw
- Warm leek and cashew dip
- David's Dhall
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Tomato Sauce