- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry, frozen
- 110 grams Cheddar cheese, roughly diced
- 200 grams mixed vegetables, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 150 grams bacon, diced
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 120 grams sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Transfer the pastry onto a sheet of baking paper and lower it into the base of the slow cooker, using your hands to gently press the pastry right to the edge and up the side of the slow cooker. Use scraps, if any, all around the side of pastry case to increase depth.
Weigh cheese into bowl and chop 5 sec/sp 8. Set aside.
Weigh vegetables into bowl and chop 2 sec/sp 5. Set aside into a separate bowl (i.e. not with the cheese).
Add onion and garlic to bowl; chop 5 sec/sp 6 and scrape down.
Add bacon and oil and cook 5 min/Varoma temp//sp 1/MC off.
Add vegetables back in to bowl - 3 min/100'//sp 1/MC on.
Add grated cheese to bowl, then eggs, sour cream and seasoning to taste. Mix 10 sec//sp 3 or until ingredients are well combined.
Pour quiche filling carefully into pastry case in slow cooker, then press the sides against the pot again to ensure filling does not leak out.
Cover the slow cooker with paper towel, using the lid to secure it into place. Gently pull paper towel taut (this is to soak up condensation).
Cook quiche on HIGH 2 - 2.5 hours or until crust is golden and filling is set. Carefully lift it out of the slow cooker using the baking paper, place it on a board and allow to cool for 5-10 mins before cutting.
This recipe fits a small, round slow cooker, but can be adapted to larger cookers by increasing ingredients (including extra pastry).
I've added a number of photos to help explain the various steps (apologies for the random pic in the method section - I can't move it, or get the others down there!).
Shortcrust pastry, prepared in your Thermomix, works well for the case too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Mushroom bolognese
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Sausage rolls
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Cauliflower Keto Bites (sweet or savoury)
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Light & Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Cinnamon Zucchini Loaf
- Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Raspberry Lemon Custard Cake
- Bacon, Ricotta & Roast Capsicum Quiche
- Quick Zucchini Quiche
- Quark - German spreadable cheese
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- BBQ Sauce
- Vegan Pesto
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Marinated flank steak
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Barbecued pork ribs