- 3 Spring onions chopped
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 sprigs Dill
- 800 grams washed spinach
- 3 tablespoons oats or rice
- 300-500 grams feta cheese
- 2 large eggs (700gm)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30 gram Butter
- 40 grams olive oil
- 6 sheets Filo Pastry
1.Take frozen sheets of pastry from fridge and set out to thaw
2.Grease a 20x30xcm retangle dish
3.Set oven to 210 degrees
4. Place sping onion, onion, dill and 1/2 tsp salt into TM bowl. chop 5 sec on 6.
5. Add the olive oil and butter and saute 5min 100 degrees speed 2
6. Then set at 25min 100 degrees speed 3 and start adding the washed spinach through the lid, adding more once the first batch has wilted. When all of the spinach has wilted add the rice and let it cook for remaining time adding salt and pepper to taste.
7. When time is up add the eggs and cheese and chop for 30 sec speed 5. We're done with the filling now.
13. Layer three fillo pastry sheets on bottom of a greased dish greasing in between with melted butter and oil, placethe spinach cheese filling evenly on top, layer another sheet of pastry on top, pressing side of pastry down, after greasing again place next layer pastry, then grease again and top with final pastry sheet, spray sparingly with olive oil and using a sharp pointed knife, insert knife 6 times at even intervals to bottom of dish to create 6 air holes.
14. Place spanakopita pie in oven for 40 to 50 mins. (if browning too much cover with silver foil but should be ok!)
Accessories you need
Serve hot with salad, or cold as a snack lunch or in lunchbox.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake