- 1 Small brown onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 140 grams bacon, (about 2 rashers) roughly chopped
- 300 grams zucchini, roughly chopped
- 250 grams sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 80 grams Parmesan cheese, roughly chopped
- 150 grams Self Raising Flour, I used wholemeal
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- 80 grams buttermilk
- 20 grams olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Grate the parmesan 3 seconds, speed 7 - SET ASIDE (no need to wash bowl).
Add onion, garlic, rosemary and chop 4 seconds, speed 7 - scrape down sides of bowl
Add chopped bacon and oil and sautee all for 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 - SET ASIDE (no need to wash bowl)
Chop zucchini and sweet potato 5 seconds, speed 8 - spoon into the TM basket and use the spatula to squeeze out excess liquid over the sink.
Add drained zucchini and sweet potato back into bowl along with onion/garlic/rosemary/bacon mixture that was set aside previously, parmesan that was set aside previously, flour, salt and pepper. Mix 6 seconds speed 6 using spatula to assist
Add eggs and buttermilk and combine 6 seconds, speed 6 using spatula to assist
Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour mixture into loaf tin.
Bake for 1 hour until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
This makes a great lunch time meal or snack for the kids. Freeze individual slices and heat up when needed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Yorkshire puddings
- Ham and Cheese Gluten Free Quinoa Muffins (Dairy Free Variations)
- Tuna and Zucchini Slice (Gluten Free)
- Grain Free Pastry Crust
- Caramelised Onions
- Sweet Corn Fritter
- Healthy Pull-Apart Pizza Pinwheels
- Savoury veggie filled muffins
- Banana and Apple Bread
- Healthy Banana Flapjacks
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Tuna and Vegetable Muffins
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Chorizo Risotto
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Tomato and onion relish
- Stir Fry Prawns