- 300 g rolled oats
- 150 g toasted almonds
- 150 g roasted and salted macadamias, pecans or walnuts
- 250 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150 g brown sugar
- 220 g white sugar
- 250 g Butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 250 g chocolate chips
8Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line several baking sheets with baking paper and set aside.
- Place oats into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place nuts into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place chocolate into mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Transfer into bowl with nut mixture.
- Place sugars into mixing bowl and mill 8 sec/speed 9.
- Add butter, vanilla and mix 30 sec/speed 3-4.
- Add eggs, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, oats and salt. Blend 20 sec//speed 6.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in nuts and chocolate mix, and chocolate chips.
- Roll mixture into 3 x 6cm diameter logs in baking paper. Cut into 1.5 cm thick slices to bake and place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze any extra rolls and defrost slightly before cooking as desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks and store in airtight container.
The $250 price tag on these cookies refers to a popular myth about a woman who asked the price of a famous department store's recipe for chocolate chip cookies. When the answer was "two fifty", she assumed they meant $2.50 and happily allowed them to put the transaction through on her credit card. When she got her statement and realised the price tag was $250, she gave the recipe away for free to as many people as possible. One of the lucky recipients must have owned a Thermomix(R) because here it is!
Other users also liked...
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)