- 250 g Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat your oven to 160 and line two trays.
- Place the butterfly attachment into your Thermomix bowl and add the softened butter and caster sugar. Mix for 1 minute, speed 3 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 30 seconds, speed 3 or until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Remove the butterfly attachment and add the plain flour and mix for 2 minutes on the dough function to bring the mixture together.
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured bench and gently bring it together to form a ball with your hands.
- Cut the shortbread dough in half and wrap one piece in plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge until needed.
- Roll the dough until it’s approximately 5mm thick and use an 8cm star shape cutter to shape the biscuits.
- Transfer the shortbread to the prepared baking trays and bring together the remaining pieces of the dough, before repeating step 5 until you have used all of the shortbread dough - including the extra you have put aside in the fridge.
- Bake the shortbread for 10 - 12 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn golden. Carefully remove the shortbread from the oven and allow it to cool on the baking trays for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake
- Choc almond bliss balls
- Hearty Ginger Slice