- 200 grams almonds, raw
- 1 teaspoons amaretto, liqueur
- 150 gram sugar, raw
- 1 pinches salt
- 2 piece eggs, whites only
- 16 pieces blanched almonds, Whole
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C fan
Chop raw almonds 20 seconds speed 7 to make almond meal.
Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place lemon zest and raw suagr in bowl then mill 20 seconds speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add in 180 g of the almond meal and mix 10 seconds speed 4
- Without measuring cup, turn speed selector to 3 and slowly add the egg whites a little at a time, pausing briefly between each pour. Continue until well mixed and a slack dough forms.
Form the dough into 16 balls and place, well spaced out on an oven ThermoMat or tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
Gently top each ball with a blanched almond
Bake 17-20 mins at 160 degrees C fan, until golden brown.
Transfer to a rack to cool.
- The finished amaretti biscuits should be crunchy on the outside and squidgy in the centre.
- Enjoy with an espresso coffee.
Gluten free. These biscuits will keep for up to two weeks in a sealed jar, although they will gradually soften.
Use any remaining almond meal to thicken and enrich a sauce, or sprinkle onto cereal or porridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW