- 60 grams brown basmati rice
- 50 grams almonds
- 25 grams cashew nuts
- 120 grams Apricots (dried)
- 60 grams Goji Berries
- 9 fresh dates (mejool), (pitted)
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 75 grams Raw Honey
- 75 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 270 grams whole oats
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 160 C (fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper or silicon sheet.
- Place the brown rice into the TM bowl and grind for 40 seconds on speed 9. Empty into a separate bowl.
- Add the nuts and chop using turbo pulse x 3. Set aside in the bowl with the rice flour.
- Add dried fruit and turbo pulse 2-3 times to your desired texture and set aside with the other ingredients.
- Add coconut oil and melt for 1-2 minutes at 50 C on speed 1 until melted. Insert the butterfly whisk. Add the egg and honey and whisk for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Return all ingredients plus coconut and oats to the TM bowl. Mix on reverse speed 2 for 20 seconds or until the mixture begins comes together.
- Shape 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball. Place on the tray and press down until 7-8cm in diameter. Or you can press into a tin and cut after cooking into bite sized portions. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- ORIGINAL RECIPE FROM MIXING IT UP IN HK. I HAVE ADAPTED WITH OUR PANTRY ESSENTIALS AND FOR LARGER PORTIONS.
- Use any combination of dried fruit of choice (I like to use dates & goji for their natural sweetness and health benefits)
- Omit the walnuts and add a little extra flour to make these nut-free
- Substitute a flax or chia-egg for the chicken egg to make these vegan
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy chicken tomato spaghetti.
- Spiced Chai Latte Mix
- Clare's Creamy Coconut Yoghurt - Automated TM5 Version
- coco-nutty crunchy granola (I quit Sugar)
- My Raspberry Ripple (I Quit Sugar Sarah Wilson)
- Beetroot Chorizo & Feta Risotto
- Raw Broccoli, Basil & Cashew Pesto
- Ryvita Style Crackers (Wheat, Dairy & Sugar Free)