- 1 heaped teaspoons cardamom powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 heaped teaspoons Fine cinnamon powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons aniseed powder
- 40 g Butter
- 365 g warm water
- 365 g Milk
- 1 egg
- 15 g olive oil
- 1010 g bakers flour
- 75 g sugar raw
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 level tbsp Yeast
- 500 g sugar
- 1000 g water
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 cinnamon quill
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all the ingredients to TM. Dissolve the sugar by heating for 5 mins /100 speed 3
Then continue boiling for 10 mins/varoma/speed 3
Place in a small pot and heat and thicken when ready to syrup koeksisters.
Add spices and mix together 3 sec speed 3.
Add milk and butter to spices 1 min 30 sec 50 degrees spd 3
Add egg and olive oil mix 10 sec speed 3
Add all dry ingerdients and mix for 1 sec speed 6. knead 2 min, transfer to a bowl greased with oil and leave to double in size.
Lightly Oil hands when shaping
Break into small ball’s and shape into an oval shape.
Deep fry in batches of 6 in hot oil for 5–7 minutes, or until dark golden brown. Drain them for a few seconds on paper towe.
When you have finished fried the whole batch. Heat your syrup, until slightly thickened. Syrup should coat spoon. Dunk your Koeksisters in syrup and place on a plate and garnish with coconut all over.
Syrup should be a bit sticky and can be kept for months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou