- oil, To grease tin
- 300 grams carrots, roughly cut
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 165 grams oil
- 200 grams golden syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams self-raising flour
- 75 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 80 grams icing sugar, Can mill your own from raw sugar.
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre heat oven to 140 - 150 degrees, depending on oven. Mine needs a lower temp, so not to burn on top.
Place carrots in the bowl and grate for 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down the bowl.
Add to bowl, brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, eggs and vanilla. mix 15sec/speed 5.
Add self-raising flour, plain flour and Bi carb to the bowl. mix for 10 sec/speed 5.
Pour into prepared (greased) 20cm cake tin.
Place in oven and cook for approx 1 hour depending on your oven. Remove from oven when skewer comes out of cake clean.
Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, and then turn out on to wire rack to cool.
Place icing sugar (you can mill your own), cream cheese, and vanilla in bowl and mix on 10 sec/speed 7, scrape down sides and repeat if necessary. Cover cooled cake with icing.
Accessories you need
I have adapter this recipe from a few others, excluding the nuts that are in most Carrot cakes. Sorry there is no photo, but was unable to save it to the recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Gluten Free Chunky steak, mushroom and mince pie
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Pad see ew