- 300 grams fresh dates, pitted, Dried can also be used but will have a higher calorie value
- 50 grams dried apricots
- 50 grams dried cranberries
- 75 grams raw almonds, Any nut can be used but not salted
- 20 grams rolled oats
- 20 grams Dessicated/Shredded coconut
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons Chilli Choc Almond YIAH Dukkah
- water, to combine if necessary
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add all Dates, Apricots, Cranberries and Almonds to bowl, Chop 15 Secs, Speed 7.
2. Scrape down sides of bowl and add remaining ingredients, mix 10 Secs, Speed 6 or untill all combined in smooth paste.
3. Take 1 Teaspoon of mix and roll into ball. I split the mix into 4 and make into sausage like logs then slice each log into inch sized protions, i find this easier for rolling and ensuring balls remain same size. keep hands wet, it makes for easier rolling, less sticky.
4. If you wish you can roll the balls in Coconut, Dukkah or Cocoa, i personally dont as don't feel they need it and its less calories but are easier to eat if covered (less sticky)
5. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before eating.
Accessories you need
These are great for Breakfast on the go, afternoon snacks, fab for picnics.
For more variations please see my other recipes.
These last up to 2 weeks in the fridge although they never last longer than a few days in my house.
A great tip is add a splash of yor fave tipple to the mix to create yummy, healthy(ish) treats or gifts for Christmas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- No Bake Lactation Bites
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Yummy Apricot and Coconut Balls
- Light Fruit Cake
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chickpea Slice
- brioche rolls masterchef
- Oli's Chia Pudding
- The Daily Mix - Spreadable Butter
- Number pork ribs
- Sue’s White Bread Loaf
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto