- 150 grams Fresh Beetroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams Butter, melted
- 150 grams Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 tablespoons Good quality cocoa, or cacao powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease three mini cupcake trays if you aren't using greaseproof trays.
2. Put the beetroot in mixing bowl and chop for 10 secs/sp 7.
3. Add eggs, milk, sugar and butter to TM bowl and mix with beetroot for 10 secs/sp 5
4.Add the flour, cinnamon and cocoa and mix 5 secs/sp 4. If needed, scrape down the bowl and mix for a further 3 secs/sp 7.
5. Using a teaspoon to spoon mixture into muffin tray. Bake for 11 minutes.
Chocolate & Beetroot Cupcakes
* I use a silicone mini muffin tray for these cupcakes that way I don't need to grease the tray.
* I use Van Houten cocoa. You can find it in supermarkets.
* These are perfect for little people's school lunches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black Magic Cherry Cake
- Chocolate & Beetroot Muffins
- Coconut Rough Cookies
- Chocolate, choc chip & coconut cookies
- Classic muffin mix - with raspberry and choc chip
- Wheat, nut & dairy-free muesli bars with raw cacao
- Pear and Ginger Holiday Cake
- Banana & vanilla ice cream with carob chips (optional peppermint)