- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g custard powder
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g Salted butter, cold
- 40 pieces chocolate, freckles
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper
Place ingredients into the bowl in the following order:
- Plain Flour
- Custard Powder
- Caster Sugar
- Cold Butter (chopped into approx 3cm x 3cm pieces)
- Mix for 10sec/speed 6
- Knead 40sec/ (Mixture will be breadcrumb consistency)
- Roll 2-3 teaspoons of dough together into a ball. It should measure around the size of an olive. Place the balls onto the prepared trays.
- Press a chocolate freckle into the top of each cookie, pressing down to flatten into a cookie shape.
- Place in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. The cookies should move slightly on the tray when touched.
- Cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days (if they last that long!)
Accessories you need
Chocolate melts can be used in place of freckles if you prefer.
If you don't have custard powder you can substitute the following options:
- Rice Flour
- A mixture of custard powder, cornflour and/or rice flour
- Self Raising Flour (However the mixture won't be as "short" and "crumbly" as normal)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls