- 230 grams unsalted butter softened
- 200 grams white sugar
- 115 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 375 grams plain flour
- 65 grams cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius/140 degrees celcius fan forced.
2. Add softened butter and sugars to bowl. Cream for 30 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of the bowl and process for a further 10 seconds/speed 5. If your butter is not soft you can put it in the bowl first and process for 30 seconds/speed 5 and then commence step 1.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and process for 10 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of the bowl and process for a further 5 seconds/speed 5.
4. Add flour, cocoa, and salt and process for 10 seconds/speed 6. Process for 1 minute and 30 seconds/.
5. Turn out on to a Thermomat or similar and knead briefly with hands. Flatten out in to a disc, wrap in Thermomat or cling wrap and put in fridge for 45 minutes.
6. Place disc between two pieces of baking paper and roll out to an even thickness of 8mm. I use an 8mm dowel on either side of the dough to ensure that the dough is rolled evenly. Place dough in fridge for a further fifteen minutes. This is to prevent the cookies from spreading when baking.
7. Remove dough from fridge and use chosen cutter to cut out shapes. Place 5cms apart on a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges begin to crisp.
8. Remove from oven and rest on tray for ten minutes before moving to a cooling rack until completely cool. Store in an airtight container.
This dough is perfect for rolling and cutting in to shapes. The dough can be prepared in advance and then brought out of the fridge to soften slightly before rolling if desired. I quite often bake half of the batch and save the rest for another day. The longer the cookies are baked the crunchier the end result will be. They can be decorated with royal icing if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.