- 100 grams raw sugar
- 200 grams Butter, chilled & cubed
- 370 grams plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 level teaspoon vanilla extraxt
- 80 grams raw sugar
- 50 grams cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 500 grams Milk
- 1 level teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place sugar in mixing bowl, mill 15 sec / Sp 10.
2. Add remaining pastry ingredients & combine 25 sec / Sp 5.
3. Transfer into a thermomat or floured bench, roll into a tight flat ball, wrap in thermomat or cling wrap & refridgerate for 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 180 deg. Grease 2 x 12 muffin trays with oil.
5. Roll pastry out flat until around 5mm thick. With a cup or something similar- cut out individual circles & place into muffin tray.
6. Prick each one lightly with a fork to avoid steam bubbles. Blind bake for 10-15 mins or until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
(Make custard as per Everyday Cook Book OR Basic Cook Book)
If using Model 5- using the automated feature, select 3-4 portions & Thick option.
1. Pour sugar & cornflour into a CLEAN & DRY mixing bowl, mill 10sec / Sp 9.
2. Add eggs, milk & vanilla extract cook 7 min/ 90 deg / Sp 4.
Allow to cool slightly before spooning into pastry cases.
5. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Individual Pastry cups
I have made this recipe as individual tarts, but can easily be made into a large tart.
The pastry & custard are from the Basic cook book.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Choc chip biscuits
- Vegan banana pancakes
- Paleo Chocolate Brownies GF
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Banana and Strawberry Muffins / Cupcakes / Loaf
- Gevulde speculaas (Dutch spiced biscuit filled with almond paste)