- 100 g caster sugar, (you can make your own by milling raw sugar 10 sec / sp 9)
- 125 g Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 15 g full cream milk
- 2 egg whites
- 300 g icing sugar
- food colouring of choice
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Cream 125g butter, 100g caster sugar and ½ tsp of vanilla extract together, 30 sec / sp 5
Add one egg and mix 20 sec / sp 4
Add 300g plain flour, 1tsp baking powder and 15g milk and mix sp 5 until combined. Then knead for 1 min.
Take dough out of bowl and roll out between two sheets of Greaseproof paper or Thermomat until dough is about 5mm thick.
Refrigerate for half an hour (this will help the dough retain its shape in the oven).
After half an hour take dough out and cut with star or circle shaped cutter
Cook in medium oven (180 degrees fan forced) for 10 - 12 minutes. Let cool on cooling rack.
While biscuits are cooling make icing.
Place two egg whites in bowl with butterfly whisk, at 4 min / sp 3 / 50 deg then gradually add 300g icing sugar until all combined.
To decorate, cover your star or circle biscuit with icing, then use a piping bag or a zip lock bag with a small hole in the corner to pipe a dot in the centre then 2 circles around it in a different colour.
Get a toothpick and draw it from the dot in the centre, through the circles to the outside edge of the biscuit, on the star do this until you have done one for each point. And you have a spider web!
This icing will set firm and can be piped very easily.
You can add 1 tsp lemon juice to icing to give it a slightly tangy flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!
- Lactation boobie balls
- Spicy Wholemeal Gingernuts
- Spiced Pumpkin, Lentil and Ginger soup
- Easy Thermomix Easter Biscuits
- Sautéed beetroot greens
- Watermelon and Chilli Granita
- Little Christmas Shortbreads
- Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Hell of a drink - clears your sinuses, great for colds