- 160 g pitted dates
- 90 g dried nectarines, (or dried apricots)
- 120 g apple juice, (or pear juice)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 80 g water
- 80 g walnut oil, (or macadamia nut oil, almond oil or coconut oil)
- 60 g Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g rolled oats, *see notes below about gluten free
- 65 g rolled oats extra, (or oatmeal) *see notes below about gluten free
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 35 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25 g Desiccated Coconut
- 35 g Rapadura Sugar
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Snack Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Autumn Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking Cooking Biscuit/cookie Easy Low budget Natural Quick Children birthday Everyday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Dessert
Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line a 20cm (8 inch) square tin with baking paper so you can lift out the finished slice easily.
Place dates and nectarines (or apricots) into TM bowl and chop 10 seconds/speed 10. Add apple juice and lemon juice and cook 5 minutes/100˚C/speed 2.
Fruit should be soft and filling mixture should be fairly smooth. If necessary, cook for a bit longer, add a little water or set the dial to "Closed lid" and blitz on turbo for a 1-2 seconds until desired texture is reached. Set filling mixture aside and wash and dry TM bowl.
If you have two TM bowls, prepare the filling in the first bowl and set bowl aside while using the second bowl to mill chia seeds and make oat mixture.
Place 150g oats on a baking tray and roast 5-10 minutes until just starting to brown. If you are short of time you can skip this step but it adds flavour to the finished slice.
Add chia seeds to clean and dry TM bowl and mill 30 seconds/speed 10. Set aside in small mixing bowl with 80g water. Mix and leave to thicken while oats are roasting.
Add 65g oats to TM bowl and mill 10 seconds/speed 10. Add sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and mill 5 seconds/speed 10 (if using oatmeal, mill seeds then add oatmeal with remaining ingredients).
Add roasted oats, baking powder, coconut and sugar and mix 10 seconds/reverse/speed 4. Add chia mix, oil, rice syrup and vanilla and set dial to "Closed lid" . Knead mixture "Dough mode" for 10 seconds or until well combined. Use spatula to assist if necessary.
Using a fork, gently press half of the oat mixture into the base of the prepared tin. Evenly spread the filling mixture over the oat mixture. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the filling and distribute evenly with a fork. Press down gently.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until well cooked, golden and slightly crispy at the edges. Cover with foil during cooking if necessary. Remove from oven and cool in the tin for 20 minutes before cutting into slices. Store in an airtight container or in the fridge. This slice keeps well but you can crisp is up again if it softens by placing it back into the oven at 180˚C for 10-15 minutes.
Accessories you need
Original recipe from Wholefood Baking by Jude Blereau. Adapted for Thermomix by Erica Noble.
* Please note that oats are unsuitable for some people on a gluten free diet - if in doubt please check before serving this slice. You can substitute the oats for true gluten free grains such as buckwheat, quinoa, millet and amaranth e.g. mill wholegrains in place of the milled oats and use rolled or puffed grains in place of the rolled oats.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Quinoa cornbread (or muffins or slice)
- Healthy(ier) Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Streusel Cake
- Rhubarb Ginger and Orange Sorbet
- Slow cooked lamb madras curry
- Roasted Green Chicken Curry
- Cheesy Pumpkin and Caraway Pan Scones
- Baklava Muffins
- Vanilla Sugar Biscuits
- Shortbread Stars
- Boules de Neige (Snowballs)
- Chocolate and espresso brulee tarts
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou