- 250 grams plain flour
- 75 grams raw sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 25 grams flaked, almonds
- 125 grams Butter
- 125 grams raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250 grams sour cream, (or milk)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla custard powder
- 600 grams rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- extra flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
1h 30minPreparation 35minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add all base ingredients into mixing bowl and knead for 1 minute 30 sec until well combined, then transfer into a greased baking dish (28cm diameter) and move into fridge for 30mins
2. Meanwhile heat oven to 175 degrees and cut the rhubarb into 2cm pieces
3. Without washing the mixing bowl, add all filling ingredients and mix 20 sec on speed 4 until well combined. repeat another 10 sec if not well combined enough yet.
4. take baking dish out of fridge and press the dough all over the base, flatten and push up onto sides about 2cm high. prick the base with a fork multiple times and cover with extra flaked almonds from topping ingredients. Add rhubarb onto the base and the filling out of mixing bowl on top.
5. Bake in oven for 35mins, then cover up with foil and bake a further 20mins. Let it cool and cover with icing sugar. Cut into slices once cooled down.
You can use milk instead of sour cream. The original recipe is with sour cream which makes the filling less runny. But its still delicious with milk.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW