- 200 g raw sugar
- 1 lemon - zest peeled with a potato peeler
- 250 g butter at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 250 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 40 g lemon juice
- 60 g lemon juice
- 110 g raw sugar
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Grease 22 cm cake tin and line base with baking paper. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C
Place sugar and lemon rind in TM bowl and process for 20 seconds on speed 9
Add the butter and cream together for 20 seconds on speed 5.
Scrape down the sides and set blades going on speed 5 and add eggs one at a time through the hole in the lid. This will take about one minute.
Add the flour, baking powder and lemon juice and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5. If not quite incorporated scrape down and turn quickly up to speed 6 for a second.
Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 1 hour until a skewer inserted, comes out clean. Check after 40 minutes and cover with tin foil to stop browning. Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes
Make crunchy topping by placing sugar and juice in bowl and literally mixing for 1 second on speed 4. (do not dissolve the sugar)
Remove cake from tin and pour over the crunchy topping. The juice will sink into the cake and the sugar will form a crunchy topping. Allow to cool before serving
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot delight
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise