- 110 grams plain flour
- 80 grams castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 110 grams melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 250 grams Philadelphia cream cheese
- 50 grams melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams castor sugar
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Grease or spray a 9 inch spring form tin.
Make the filling – Into TM bowl place the sugar and mill for 10 seconds/speed 10. To the TM bowl add cream cheese, egg, butter, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest. Blend for 20 seconds/speed 5 until completely combined. Set aside.
Make the cake base – Into TM bowl place sugar and mill 10 seconds/speed 10. Add flour, baking powder and salt and blend 5 seconds/speed 5. Add melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest. Blend batter for 20 seconds/speed 5 until combined. Do not overmix.
Pour batter evenly into spring form tin. Carefully pour the cream cheese filling mixture evenly over the cake batter to within a ½ inch of the edge of the tin. The filling should cover all but the outer ½ inch at which point the cake batter will be visible.
Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the cake has puffed up and a toothpick inserted near edge of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully remove spring form side and allow to cool on rack for 1 hr. Transfer to fridge and chill completely before serving. Serve chilled with a dusting of icing sugar, fresh whipped cream.
Mmmmm - Decadent if you love lemon!!
METHOD FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING and CAKE BASE
This cake has a sweet light lemony custard like filling and a light butter cake base. It is a rich cake so a small slice is all you need to make this cake go a long way!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sacher torte
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Just a Minute, Baby Cakes
- Choc Chip Chunkies
- More Again - Paleo Banana Muffin
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Zucchini-Almond-Chocolate Slice
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Peanut Drops
- Apple & Carrot Lactation Muffins
- Ricotta Cannoli Cake
- Moist Coconut Cupcakes with "Coconut Ice" Frosting
- Gluten Free Crackers
- Blueberry Croissant Pudding
- Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- Healthy Choc Topped Mini Mint Cheesecakes
- Cabernet Cranberry and Blueberry Sauce
- Fresh Lime Chickpea Drizzle Cake
- Fresh Lime Custard Cream Butter Cake
- Fresh Lime Almond Torte
- Fresh Lime Curd Ice cream