- 55 g raw sugar
- 55 g rice flour
- 115 g Butter, softened
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
Weigh raw sugar into TM bowl. Mill 10 sec / sp 10
Scrape down sides of mixing bowl
Add remaining ingredients. Mix 7 sec / sp 6
Remove dough from TM bowl and place on Thermomat or floured surface.
If using Thermomat, form dough into ball then fold Thermomat in half to cover dough. Use rolling pin (or a wine bottle is just as good) to roll dough to 1cm thickness.
Use cookie cutter to cut shortbread into shapes, and place onto baking tray (leave a little bit of space in between shortbreads as they spread slightly).
Cut glace cherries in half and lightly press one half into the middle of each shortbread
Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
The shortbread will still be a little soft when it comes out, but will harden as it cools. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before removing from baking tray.
This is my Grandma's recipe and was always a huge hit at Christmas Time
You can alternatively make your own rice flour by milling white rice for 1 1/2 minutes on speed 10
These make great Christmas Gifts, wrapped in little clear cellophane bags with a ribbon
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Cake
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Nut Free Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!
- Halloween Spider Web Biscuits
- Lactation boobie balls
- Spicy Wholemeal Gingernuts
- Spiced Pumpkin, Lentil and Ginger soup
- Easy Thermomix Easter Biscuits
- Sautéed beetroot greens
- Watermelon and Chilli Granita
- Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- Hell of a drink - clears your sinuses, great for colds