- 420 g can kidney beans or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon water or coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or more to taste
- 70 g raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g Butter
- 5 eggs
- 140 g rapadura or coconut sugar
In your TM puree the beans, water/coffee, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth on speed 7. Set aside.
Without washing the bowl, beat the butter and sugar Speed 5 30 seconds
Add the remaining eggs & beat for 20 seconds SP 4.
Add bean mixture SP 4 5 seconds.
Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend SP 4 10 seconds.
Pour batter into greased ring tin pan and bake MOD oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This GLUTEN FREE / NUT FREE /HIGH PROTEIN cake is wonderfully moist and works with most canned beans. Chickpeas work but they have a bit of a strong taste. If you use a round tin it will take a few minutes longer to bake.
You can also use oil instead of butter to make it dairy free - but butter is better!!
You can also make it in muffin tins which take about 20 mins to cook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake