- 125 g Butter, room temperature
- 40 g Maple syrup, or 2 tbsp
- 450 g icing sugar
- 6 pieces bacon
- 100 g Butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp bacon drippings
- 100 g caster sugar
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cook the bacon until almost crispy in a frypan. Once cooked, put the bacon on some paper towel/serviette to pat dry. Save the drippings in the fry pan in a little bowl - this will be used later!
2. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
3. Put flour and baking powder into thermomix and turbo until fully mixed. Set the mix aside.
4. Place the sugar in the bowl and mix at Speed 10 for 20 Seconds.
5. Add butter and bacon oil drippings (from Step 1) and mix at Speed 10 for 15 Seconds. Insert butterfly and mix for a further 1 Minute at Speed 4. Push down mixture with spatula.
6. Add the vanilla extract and eggs (one at a time) over 30 Seconds on Speed 4 through the lid of the bowl. Push down the mixture again.
7. Add the flour and milk by alternating over 40 Seconds at Speed 4.
8. Pour the mixture into cupcake cases, filling only 2/3 if the way. Depending on the size of your cases, you can get between 8-12 cupcakes - I get 10 for mine!
9. Place cupcakes into the oven and back for 14 minutes. Once cooked, allow to cook on a wire rack.
1. Insert Butterfly. Add all ingredients and beat for 1 Minute on Speed 4.
2. Push down mixture and beat again on Speed 4 for 10 seconds.
3. Take bacon from the beginning and chop into small pieces.
4. Once the cupcakes are dry, ice them and scatter the bits of bacon on top. Voila: Maple Syrup Cupcakes!
Add food colouring if needed in the Toppings section prior to step 2.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Cheesy Bacon Cob Loaf❤
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Swirl Layered Mooncake