- 175g Butter
- 125g Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 200g golden syrup
- 200g Treacle or molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1&1/4 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 275g plain flour
- 40g cocoa
- 175g dark chocolate chips, Optional
- 250g icing sugar
- 30g Butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 60ml Gingerale
10h 45minPreparation 10h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and grease & line a baking dish approx 30 x20cm, 5cm deep.
- Place the first 8 ingredients into the TM and melt, 4min, 60C, Sp 2. Extend time slightly if necessary, depending how cold your butter is.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate in the warm water and add to the along with the eggs and milk. Mix Sp3,10-20 sec.
- Scrape down the sides and add the flour & Cocoa. Mix Sp3,10sec. Scrape down & repeat.
- Add the choc chips if using and mix ,Sp3,10sec
- Pour into lined baking tray and bake approx 45min to an hour, until risen & firm. It should still be slightly moist.
- Cool in the pan before pouring over the icing. Cut into fat slabs to serve.
Heat the butter, Cocoa & ginger ale in the TM , 1
min, 60C, Sp 3, or until the butter is melted
- Add the icing sugar and whisk in 10sec, Sp 3. Scrape down the sides and repeat 2-3sec Sp 3 till well mixed.
I often don't use the choc chips as it is already beautifully rich & moist.
you can mill your own icing sugar as per the EDC.
I find the cake often needs more than the 45min, closer to an hour and I have increased the temp from the original recipe from 170C to 180C.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW