- 85 grams Sunflower Kernels
- 85 grams pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 140 grams Butter
- 40 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 35 grams raw cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 3 eggs
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- 2. Place sunflower kernels and pepitas in TM bowl and grind on speed 9 for 20 seconds. Dont let it turn into a paste though. Set aside. No need to wash the bowl.
- 3. Place butter, sugar and dark chocolate into TM bowl and combine on speed 7-8 for approx 10 seconds - enough to break it all up.
- 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and heat at 90 degrees, speed 2 for 2 minutes, ensuring all mixture has melted.
- 5. Add cacao and eggs and whip on speed 5 for 30 seconds.
- 6. Add ground seeds back into the mix and blend through on speed 4 for 15 seconds.
- 7. Pour into prepared slice tray and smooth surface. Bake for 25 minutes or until just cooked through. Be sure not to over cook or you will lose the fudgy centre!
Accessories you need
Served in the picture layered with Mellymaks homemade vanilla icecream (//mellymaks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/icecream-in-thermomix.html) , topped with strawberries and sprinkled with Loving Earth Drinking Chocolate.
Add 1/2-1 cup raspberries carefully folded through the mix before pouring into the tray for a natural boost of sweetness.
Note - this is a slightly more bitter than sweet slice. To sweeten, increase rapadura sugar, top with a ganache/caramel sauce or use the raspberry suggestion above.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- O’Henry Slice
- Fruit "roll ups"
- Loving Earth Chocolate Cups G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Cashew Fudge G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Date Rolls G/F D/F Cane Sugar Free
- Rice Bubble Slice
- Healthy Oat Muffins (No Flour No Sugar No Oil)
- Rose Water
- Raspberry Coconut Slice (gluten free)
- Black rice, seed and choc chip cookies - gluten and nut free
- Raw cashew, cacao and coconut oil truffle coated in dark chocolate
- Almond and coconut balls (Ferrero Raffaello style!)
- Gluten Free Kahlua Christmas Cake
- Breakfast loaf - gluten, dairy and nut free
- Choc caramel puddings (gluten free)
- Apple Hazelnut cake
- Healthy grain cherry macaroon cake
- Brown rice and quinoa baby rusks
- Gluten free profiteroles
- 'Sausage' rolls