- 150 grams dates, pitted, I use medjool but others are fine
- 30 grams almonds, unsalted
- 30 grams Cashews, unsalted
- 10 grams pine nuts
- 50 grams Muesli of choice, I like Forage brand
- 40 grams honey
- some sesame seeds, to sprinkle
8Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Snack Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking Cooking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Cake Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick
Pre-heat oven 180deg. Line baking tray with baking paper or use silicone muffin tray.
Place nuts (except pine nuts) into bowl 4sec sp5. A little chunky Is nice for a light crunch. Set nuts aside
Place dates into bowl 10sec sp7
Add remaining ingredients including pine nuts, but leave out sesame seeds for now. 5-10 seconds sp5
Divide mixture into 12 portions, roll into balls and press a little to make 1cm thick rounds. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake 4-5 minutes. Let cool completely as they firm up just a tad and are nicer to handle.
Paleo - leave out muesli and sub with extra nuts - equal amount 50grams
Vegan - leave out honey and use maple syrup or leave out altogether. They'll still bind due to the dates. You could add an extra couple of dates.
Gluten Free - use GF muesli
Add desiccated coconut to the mix for extra flavour. 15grams will do.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choconut Rice Puffs
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Best Ever Chocolate Mud Cake GAPS & Paleo Compliant
- Moroccan-Spiced Silverbeet
- No Bake, Nut Free Muesli Bars
- GF, NF, DF, EF, Vegan Lunchbox Snack Bars
- Raw Healthy Snack Bars (Nut-Free)
- Middle Eastern Beef Kofta (Kafta)
- Festive Nougat
- Variation Tiramisu with a Twist - Smilomisu
- Peanut Butter Bites
- Paleo Pancakes
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce
- Nut free muesli bars
- Paleo Carrot Muffins
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Banana Chocolate Muffin with pumpkin seed top with shredded coconut
- 5 ingredient Spinach and apple smoothie
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Paleo Strawberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Muesli Bars
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Raw hot chocolate