- 1/2 stick cinnamon, or 1 tsp ground
- 3-4 cloves, or 1/2 tsp ground
- 1/8 nutmeg, whole, or 1 tsp ground
- 1 orange, zest peeled
- 1/2 vanilla bean, or 1 tsp paste
- 2 medium cooking apples, such as Granny Smiths, cored but not peeled
- 50 grams dried apricots
- 50 grams dried figs
- 50 grams dried white mulberries, or raisins
- 50 grams sultanas
- 50 grams currants
- 100 grams Brandy, Whiskey or Bourbon
- 500 grams Whole blanched almonds, or peeled activated almonds
- 1 egg white, large (or 2 small)
- 1 pinch sea salt, unless activated almonds are slightly salty
1h 20minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
In the mixing bowl grind the cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for 20 sec./speed 9. Then add the orange zest and vanilla and grate for 10 sec./speed 9 or until finely ground.
Add the quartered apples and chop for 4-6 sec./speed 4, then add the apricots and figs and chop for another 4-6 sec./speed 6 or to your desired consistency.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook 10 minutes/100'C//speed 2
Check your mince and if it needs more cooking, depending on the moistness of your dry fruit, cook for another 5-10 minutes until it is thick and reduced. Scrape out into a jar and leave to infuse for up to 3 months (or use straight away).
In a clean and very dry bowl blend the almonds and salt at for 10 sec./speed 9 or until finely ground and starting to get sticky from the oils releasing.
Add the egg white and scrape down the sides. Mix for 5-10 sec./speed 4 or until it comes together.
Roll out the pastry between two sheets of baking paper. Roll very thin, to about 2mm thick. Leave to rest in the fridge.
Preheat your oven to 180'C.
Cut disks from the rolled pastry and using a spatular transfer onto a greased baking tray, greased bun tray or into small patty papers. Press gently to make them indented in the middle.
Spoon a teaspoonful of mince into each and top with a lid of pastry cut from a larger round or with a small shape of pastry.
Bake at 180'C for 20 minutes or until turning golden. I then left mine in the switched of oven to dry out a little more so the pastry would be really crisp.
Making your Mince Pies
I got enough pastry to make 26 mince pies, but mine were only 4cm across with small shapes on top. As I got towards the end I made a few fully closed ones as well.
I found it really easy to use mini patty papers as I didn’t need to use a special tray.
I served these up at carols by candlelight and no one knew they were Paleo/Gluten & Dairy Free.
If you have a dehydrator you can dehydrate your mince pies once baked to make them really crunchy and store longer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Delicious gingerbread men or gingerbread house
- Vanilla and cinnamon candied almonds
- Apple,cinnamon&sultana porridge
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Chewy Oat Bar