- 115 g pistachios, plus extra chopped pistachios to serve
- 115 g almond meal
- 115 g semolina
- 11/4 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoons ground cardamom
- 300 g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 115 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, free range
- 1 --- lemon, zested
- 1 level tbsp lemon juice
- 1 level tsp rosewater essence
- 1/2 level tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g raspberries
- --- icing sugar, dusting
- 200 g crème fraiche
- 57 g caster sugar
- 40 g lemon juice
- 1 level tsp tsp rosewater essence
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Process pistachios until finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in almond meal, semolina, baking powder and cardamom.
- Insert butterly whisk and process butter and sugar in until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and process briefly until just combined.
- Fold in nut mixture, zest and lemon juice, rosewater and vanilla until just combined.
- Spread batter into pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer.
- To make the syrup, stir sugar, lemon juice and rosewater in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately drizzle with hot syrup. Sprinkle with extra pistachios and set cake aside in the pan to cool.
- To serve, remove cake from pan and cut into pieces. Top with raspberries and dust with icing sugar. Serve with crème fraîche.
Grease a 18 x 28cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Easy Banana Choc Muffins
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Mumble Slice
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Jaffa Macarons
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- apple pie bliss balls
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Znoud el sit
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Feijoa, Ginger and Vanilla Jam
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Rima's Maamoul
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Lemon and Pecan Syrup Loaf