- 75 g coconut oil
- 85 g Peanut Butter, (Or almond butter)
- 125 g Almond milk
- 75 g almond meal, (Or almond pulp leftover from making almond milk)
- 125 g pea protein powder, (Or other protein powder of choice)
- 60 g dark chocolate, (I use Whitaker’s dark Ghanaian chocolate. The darker the chocolate the better)
- 1 level tsp coconut oil
- 30 g almonds, Chopped for 0.5 secs on turbo
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place coconut oil, nut butter & almond milk into Thermomix bowl. Melt 1 minute/50 degrees/speed 2.
2. Add pea protein powder & almond meal. Mix 30 secs/speed 3. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Repeat. Mixture will be crumbly.
3. Press mixture into a loaf tin, which has been greased & lined with baking paper. Clean & dry mixing bowl.
4. Place chocolate into Thermomix mixing bowl. Grate 10 secs/speed 10. Add one teaspoon of coconut oil & melt 2 mins/50 degrees/ speed 2 or until melted (to be honest this is just as easy to do in microwave. Place chocolate which has been broken into pieces with one teaspoon coconut oil into a mug. Melt at 30 sec intervals on low/medium heat, stirring each time until melted)
5. Spread melted chocolate over protein bar base, tilting pan to make sure chocolate layer is even.
6. Before chocolate has time to set, sprinkle with almonds which have been chopped in Thermomix for 0.5 secs on turbo. You can also use slivered almonds in which case there is no need to chop them.
7. Allow to set in fridge for 2 hours before cutting into 12 bars.
8. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Accessories you need
Adapted for the Thermomix from this recipe:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Cornflake & Pistachio Cookies
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread
- Variation Date lime cake
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Cookie Jar Biscuits