- 125 grams plain flour
- 140 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams almonds or hazelnuts
- 45 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 5 egg whites
- pinch salt
- 180 grams Butter
- 100 grams Fresh Raspberries
- 60 grams baby marshmallows or chopped marshmallows
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease friand or muffin tray or line with papers.
2. Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites and salt into mixing bowl and whisk 5 mins/speed 3.5 or until stiff peaks form.
3. Set aside whisked egg whites and wash and dry mixing bowl.
3. Place almonds or hazelnuts and raw sugar into mixing bowl and grind for 10 seconds/speed 10.
4. Set aside nuts and sugar.
5. Place butter in mixing bowl and melt for 3mins/80degrees/speed 2
6. Add flour, ground sugar and nuts, coconut to mixing bowl and mix 1minute/speed 2
7.Set aside some raspberries and marshmallow pieces to put on top of friands. Add whisked eggs, remaining raspberries and marshmallows and mix 30secs//speed 1
8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and mix manually just to help marshmallows and raspberries get to the bottom of the bowl. Then mix for another 10secs//speed 1
9. Spoon into tins and press a raspberry and marshmallow into the top of each friand.
10. Bake for 20 mins, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Raspberry and Marshmallow Friands
May substitute plain flour for brown rice flour if you prefer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Easy Banana Choc Muffins
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Mumble Slice
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Jaffa Macarons
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- apple pie bliss balls
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)