- 300g grams Plain Flour.
- 150 grams Raw Sugar (brown)
- 100 grams Butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 10 grams Baking Powder.
- 1 pinch Salt.
- 30 grams raw sugar
- 330 grams Full Cream Milk.
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 80 grams Butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 650 grams Maxi Pro, Bakers Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon Rhine (no white)
- 50 grams Diced Paw Paw, Sweet dried kind
- 1 bunch rhubarb stalks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla beans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla beans, Extra drizzle on top of the fruittopping
- 1 apple, Optional
- 1 bunch Strawberries halved, Optional
- 1 bunch Blueberries or raspberries, Optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
NOTE: this Dough makes enough for two Brioche base items - one slice and another Brioche item of choice. (see tips)
1.Place Sugar in Bowl and mill 10 Sec/ Sp 9.
2. Add Milk and yeast to bowl and heat 2mins/37degrees/Sp 7.
3. Add Butter, Egg, Remaining 620g Bakers Flour, Milled Lemon Rhind mix, 1 tsp Vanilla and Salt mix 10 Sec/ Sp 7.
4. Add the Diced Paw Paw.
5. Knead 3 mins with a closed lid.
6. Place Dough wrapped in a thermomat to proof (double in Size) for approx 40 mins in awarm spot...depends on warmth of room /location. You can put a mug of water in the Morcowave and heat on high for 3mins...then place your wrapped dough in with the steaming mug and leave to proof
7. You will need 2 trays for the slice or use half the dough to make a star Nutella Brioche or Cinnamon Scrolls and the other dough half for one tray to do slice.
8. Roll out half the dough to a rectangle shape the same size as your tray, place dough in the tray then evenly spread the Diced Paw Paw mix over the dough, then placing the Rhubarb on top of with an extra drizzle of vanilla, and any other topping of choice to give a little moisture.... add the Optional fruit; diced apple, blueberries, strawberries or raseberries then crumble mix on top. (last photo shows Layers)
9.Bake on 200 degrees for 25-30 mins or until Crumble browns to a golden colour..
Thermomat to rise dough
2 x Baking trays for 2 lots of the slice or use half dough for one slice and the other half for Scrolls/Star Brioche.
Spray Oil/Baking paper.
You can make Cinnamon Scrolls with this EDC Dough without the Lemon Rhind, Vanilla, Diced Paw Paw and Rhubarb.
2nd half of the dough use : For Cinnamon Scrolls- Make up a mixture of Brown Sugar ,butter and Cinnamon to apply to the rolled out dough...roll cut, prrof again and bake.
You can also make Nutella Brioche Christmas Tree or Stars with this Dough adding Nutella or Caramel as your topping or do a savory version (we love Blue cheese, diced ham and chives).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Kiwi Biscuits
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread