- 65 g brown rice
- 1 tbsp Golden Flaxseeds, Linseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (any colour)
- 200 g dried fruit (apricots, cranberries, sultanas etc.), your choice
- 90 g whole oats
- 60 g Raw caster sugar, (or rapadura)
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower seeds or pepitas
- 40 g coconut or avocado oil
- 2 --- large eggs
- 50 g Raw Honey
- 100 g white or milk chocolate, (melted for topping - optional)
- half apple, (of your choice) leave it out if you prefer a crunchier-style bar
Pre-heat oven to 180deg. Line the base and sides of rectangular baking tray (allow an overhang).
Add flaxseeds, chia seeds and brown rice to the TM bowl and grind for 20 seconds on speed 9. Set aside into a bowl.
Place the apple half in the TM bowl and grate for a few seconds on
speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add all the dried fruit. Turn dial to closed lid position and pulse on turbo 3 times or until the dried fruit is evenly chopped.
Return the grounds seeds and rice to TM bowl in addition to all other ingredients. Combine all ingredients for 20-30 seconds on speed 3 on reverse until well combined. Check that the ingredients are completely coated with the wet ingredients.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tray. Use a metal spoon to press the mixture down into the tray. I use a spare strip of baking paper and use my hands.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan before lifting the mixture out onto a cooling rack to cool before cutting into bars.
Cut mixture into bars and drizzle with melted chocolate.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Ginger crunch
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Jaffa Truffles
- Apricot Bites
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Hobnob Biscuits - a British favourite by Jayne
- Chocolate Chews (Weetbix Slice)