- 30 grams sugar
- 1 level tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 110 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 170 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine sugar and ground cinnamon for 3 sec/speed 8. Set aside. (No need to clean bowl before preparing dough).
1. Insert butterfly. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla 2 mins/ speed 3.
2. Remove butterfly and scrape the sides and bottom of bowl with spatula. Add egg. Mix 10 sec/speed 4 (or until combined).
3. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl with spatula again. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix 30 sec/ speed 4
4. Pour mix into bowl and put in fridge. Chill for 30 min.
5. Pre-heat oven to 200'c. Line two baking trays with baking paper (use ThermoMat in place of baking paper).
6. Shape cookie dough into balls (use about one heaped teaspoon). Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 5 cm apart onto baking trays.
8. Bake for 8-10mins, until the cookies have puffed a little and the tops look set. The cookies should be a light golden. Cool on baking tray for 5 mins, then transfer onto cooling rack to cool completely.
Prepare Cinnamon-Sugar Coating
- Dough mix will be slightly runny prior to refrigeration. This is normal and the dough will harden once chilled.
- Cookie dough can be chilled in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Cookies may come out of the oven looking puffy. They will fall a little as they cool.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.