- 230 grams Granny Smith Apple, 1 Large or 2 small
- 120 grams Butter, at room temperature
- 100 grams raw sugar, Beige colour sugar :)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/paste
- 2 --- eggs
- 150 grams SR flour( or GF SR flour), i used SR Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder., Can use GF
- 2 tablespoons fulll cream milk
- 60 grams Shredded coconut
- 40 grams pitted dates
- 2 --- dried figs, halved
- 250 grams raw sugar, Beige colour...natural sugar
- 2 tablespoons Warm water.
- 20 grams shredded coconut to garnish
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.pre heat oven to 180 degrees c.
2. make castor sugar by milling 4 sec/speed 9. set aside in a breakfast bowl. You can also pre mill your icing sugar at this point as well if you want less washing up....remember that milling time for the icing is longer...10-15sec/speed 9. Set aside icing in another bowl.
3.Chop apple into quarters. place in TM chop apple 3 sec/speed 5. Set aside in a medium bowl.
4.Take the hard tip off the fig s top before chopping in half place in TM. Chop 5 dates and 2 figs 7 sec/speed7. Set aside with the chopped apple.
5.Return the 100g of pre milled caster sugar to the bowl along with the butter 20 sec/speed 5.
6. Add eggs and vanilla mix 10 sec/speed5.
7. Add SR Flour, baking powder, milk 60 grams coconut (you can use GF flour if you want and GF Baking powder too) mix 5 sec/speed 5.
8. Add Apple,dates and fig into TM mix 5sec/speed 5.
9. Spoon mixture into large muffin silicone cups in a muffin tray.
10. Bake 20-25 mins...
11. Place on Cooling rack and wait to cool before icing.
Caramel icing with Coconut topping.
1. Mill raw sugar for 15 sec/speed 9.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of warm water and mix 10sec/speed 5.
3. Spoon over muffins a spot in the middle and it will run...sprinkle on shredded coconut straight away so they set as one.
Spiced Apple muffins
Using raw sugar will enhance icng giving it a caramel taste which goes so beautifully with the dates and figs. if you don't like caramel taste...then use white sugar.
i have also made these as mini muffins...great for a finish to a dinner party with Coffees...you can also replace the 2 tablespons of warm water with 2 tblespoons of warm expresso from the coffee machine for caramel/ coffee icing
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Easy as apple tea cake
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Muesli Bars
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits
- Sultana & coconut slice
- Cinnamon Apple Slice
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Homemade cream