- 160 g Fresh pitted dates
- 160 g dried figs
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 95 g water
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 160 g Self Raising Flour
- 130 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 4 large eggs
- 440 g caster sugar
- 220 g water
- flaked almonds, to taste
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160ºC. Prepare bundt tin by buttering well, set aside.
Place dates, figs, bicarb and water into TM bowl and cook for 5 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 2.
Add butter and combine to melt for 30 seconds on speed 3.
Add all remaining cake ingredients and mix for 20 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down and repeat.
Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until springy to the touch. Remove and cool in tin. Turn onto wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with almonds before carefully spooning toffee over.
To make toffee crust, place sugar and water into saucepan and heat on a low heat without stirring until sugar crystals are dissolved. Increase heat and bring to the boil. Cook until toffee reaches hard crack stage (150ºC if using candy thermometer).
If you have additional toffee, pour over some more nuts on a metal tray. Break up into toffee bark shards for garnish.
Other users also liked...
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Carrot, feta and mint salad
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Sauerkraut salad
- Pizza Scrolls
- Chicken Paella
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Pumpkin Purée - ThermieBub
- Mango mousse
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Glucose Syrup
- Ice peach tea syrup
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy