- 160 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 grams Self Raising Flour
- 260 grams sultanas
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Add sugar to bowl and blitz 10 sec / sp 10 and scrape.
3. Add margarine and cream 40 sec / sp 4.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and combine 15 sec / sp 4.
5. Add flour and mix 20 sec / sp 4 then scrape.
6. Add sultanas and mix through 20 sec / / sp 2 then scrape and use spatula to ensure it's combined thoroughly.
7. Place heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture on tray (see tip).
8. Bake for 10 to 15 mins until pale golden brown.
9. Transfer to wire rack until cold and store in airtight container.
Accessories you need
Tips: To stop spreading too much, don't make them like balls, make them more the shape of half an egg - a little higher domed.
Disclaimer: Thanks Nan! This is a variation of my grandmother's recipe (a little light on detail - no recipes for her!). It still tastes the same as when we used to make them together 30 years ago!
Costs: As at May '15, the recipe costs:
- all Homebrand - $2.38, or 12c per piece
- all brand names - $5.61, or 28c per piece
I use a combination of both, so I'm somewhere in the middle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Swedish caramel biscuits (Kolakakor / Sirapskakor)
- Apple Tea Cakes
- 15 second Berrylicious muffins
- Fruit slice
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Gluten, Dairy, Soy and Egg FREE Caramel Slice
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Apple Crumble
- Choc Mint Balls
- Grandma Kath's Shortbread
- Varoma Honey Chicken and Non-Fried Rice
- Tracy's Rumballs
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Spicy Chicken Kebabs
- Easy Meatloaf
- Three Cheese Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Rissoles
- Tracy's Chocolate Fudge Cake/Cupcakes
- Tracy's CWA Yo-yo's or melting moments