- 1 whole orange, cut into quarters
- 225 grams Butter
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams raw sugar
- 300 grams Self Raising Flour
- 60 grams raw sugar
- 150 grams sour cream, light
- orange peel, grated
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180°c
2. Grease and line 20cm springform cake tin
3. Mill sugar for cake and icing - with MC on mill for 20sec/speed 10. Put aside in a medium bowl
4. Without washing the bowl, place orange and butter into mixing bowl and mix 7sec/speed 8
5. Add 100g of the milled sugar, eggs and flour and combine 20sec//speed 4
6. Pour into cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes
1. Add sour cream to remaining milled sugar and hand mix (I know!! novel idea) till all combined and lump free
2. Drizzle over the cake and scatter grated rind on for decoration.
Serve whilst still warm
Sugar can be reduced or replaced.
Gluten free flour can be used.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard Cake
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Easy as apple tea cake
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Muesli Bars
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits
- Sultana & coconut slice
- Cinnamon Apple Slice
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings