- 250 grams water
- 60 grams sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 520 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 60 grams olive oil
31h 15minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
allow to sit for 10 minutes in bowl for yeast to rise.
2. Add flour, oil, salt and baking powder. 5 seconds/to combine. Then 8 minutes/.
3. Place into a oiled bowl and cover with glad wrap. Place in a warm space without a draft for an hour or so till it has doubled in size.
4. Tip dough onto a oiled surface and punch down to release air.
5. Cut dough into half and continue to half until you have 16 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
6. Line the varoma tray with baking paper and make sure you leave a few holes uncovered to let steam though.
cut squares of baking paper approx 8cm x 8cm.
7. Press the balls flat into oval shapes fold them over and place your pre cut baking paper squares in between them to prevent them sticking together. Place them on the varoma tray
8. Pour 500ml of water into the thermomix bowl. Place varoma basket on top. 30 minutes/varoma/speed 4.
the buns will look wet due to the steam but once taken out they will set.
you can take the paper out and fill them.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Masala Dosa
- Vegetarian Zucchini Slice
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Meat Dumplings
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free