- 300 grams Self Raising Flour
- 20 grams raw sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 grams Butter, Chilled and cut in cubes
- 200 grams buttermilk
Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (fanforced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place self raising flour, sugar, salt and butter in to TM bowl.
10 seconds/speed 6 or until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add buttermilk "Closed lid" /1 minute/"Dough mode" or until dough comes together. Lightly flour the bench top and empty the dough out.
4. Work the dough until it comes together and roll out to about 3cm thick. Use a glass or round cookie cutter to cut out circles around 4cm and place on prepared trays. Repeating this until all dough as been used up.
5. Bake for approx 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Basic Buttermilk Scones
Accessories you need
TIP: you can also use a larger size cookie cutter if you would like but you may need to increase the cooking time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Filipino Pandesal
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Aleesha’s Keto Wraps
- 5 hours Dutch oven Bread
- Easy Multigrain Bread
- Simple German Soft Pretzels & Pretzel Dogs
- High Fat seed bread
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)