- 270 g carrots, peeled & cut in 3 pieces
- 200 g Sourdough starter, I use Rye
- 2 heaped teaspoon salt
- 40 g olive oil
- 270 g water
- 750 g flour, I use Spelt
- walnuts, a handfull
5h 0minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add the carrots to the mixing bowl 2sec/sp6.
Add all other ingredients but only 500g of the flour 10sec/sp6.
Add the remaining 250g of the flour and walnuts 10sec/sp6.
Transfer to a bowl, cover and let it rest for 4 hrs.
Preheat your oven to 200c fan forced. Fill a baking dish with some water and put on the bottom inside your oven.
Line a bread tin with baking paper, sprinkle some flour and add the dough into it. Top with some more flour and bake for about 45-60 min.
Remove the bread from the tin and tap the bottom of your loaf, it should sound hollow when done.
If its not done, place it back to the oven without the tin and bake a little longer until done.
Carrot & Walnut Sourdough Bread
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Oatmeal bread
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Langos (Hungarian fried potato bread)
- Sweet potato bread
- Cheese Sandwich
- "Fluffy French Toast w Puddles of Love"
- Rice bread
- Mexican Sandwich
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Yuzu Mayonnaise
- Graff - Macedonian Bean soup recipe
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- coconut milk, for cream, see tips
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes