- 160 g Milk
- 80 g water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 320 g bakers flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Fresh or dried thyme
- Thyme for seasoning
- Salt for seasoning
- Oil of choice for cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add milk, water, sugar and dry yeast in order of ingredients list. Heat for 2mins / 37degrees / speed 2.
- Add reminaing ingredients in the order in ingredients list. Combine 4mins / dough setting.
- Leave in bowl until double in size. Approx 1/2 hour. With 10 mins to go, pre heat a large saucepan on medium heat and add a tbsp of oil of choice.
- Using Thermomix silicone mat, turn dough out onto mat.
- Coat Thermomix spatula tip with oil of choice and cut dough into 12 equal portions.
- Coat hands in oil of choice. With hands, shape each portion into a small flat circle, approx 15cm in diameter. The oil will keep the dough from sticking to hands.
- Add portions to fry pan and cook each side for approx 2mins, until puffed up and lightly golden in places. I cook three portions at a time.
- Transfer to a plate and season with salt and thyme.
Accessories you need
Perfect to serve with Greek Koftas or with dips of your choice. Tzatziki comes to mind! Yum. Enjoy!
For larger serves, divide mixture into 6 potions and proceed as per recipe.
This recipe can be doubled too. Perfect for freezing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Tomato Sauce
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Sugar Cookies
- Easter Egg Buns
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage