- 240 g Milk
- 1 tbsp dried instant yeast
- 30 g sugar
- 290 g bread flour
- 40 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 1 tsp brewing sugar, Optional
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 g sugar
- 40 g butter, salted, cold, chopped
- 60 g sugar
- 60 g Desiccated Coconut
- dash vanilla extract, 2 drops
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
1h 30minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Warm the milk 1.5mins/37°C/sp2.
Add the remaining ingredients, and blend briefly 20secs/sp7.
Knead 5 mins.
Set aside, covered to rise app 30-60 mins, or until doubled.
Punch down and divide into 24 pieces.
Form each into a disc and place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the centre of each one. Pinch to close.
Place on to a baking paper lined tray, cover and leave to rise until double.
Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C, for 10 minutes. then remove from the oven, *glaze with the (cooled) sugar syrup and return to the oven. Increase the temperature to 180°C and bake for a further 10-15 mins or until golden.
Remove from the oven and brush again with more *sugar syrup, and sprinkle with (optional) sugar crystals.
Cool on a rack.
Blend all together 10secs/sp4, until crumbly and combined.
Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Combine in a small saucepan on the stove and boil for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
Accessories you need
*note that brushing with the sugar syrup does create a crunchier style bun. If you prefer, you can leave it off and brush with milk instead*
Delicious with a cup of tea...
Take your cooking experience to a whole new level..
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lamb and feta sausage rolls
- Artisan apple bread
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Hokey Pokey ice-cream slice
- Coconut pie
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Beef curry pies (Pie-maker)
- Pie-maker lemon custard pies
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Coconut Bounty Brownie (Adapted from New Idea Magazine)
- Spaghetti Marinara
- Chocolate raspberry muffins
- Gussie's Biscuits
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Aglio Olio
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Cornflake honey slice
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Fudgy-Wudgy Chocolate Cookies