- 500 g whole grain meal bakers flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 heaped teaspoons Wallaby's bread improver
- 20 g oil
- 10 g salt
- 300 g warm water
2h 25minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Mill 500g flour on speed 10 for 10 seconds. The whole grain meal flour can have small pieces of husks and I prefer the flour to be very fine.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds.
4. Knead for 10 minutes, .
5. Place the dough on a silicon mat or in a bowl and leave in a warm place to ride for at least 30 mins and up to an hour, or until doubled in size. I have to light my fire (no other heating) and leave it in front of the fire for it to rise in cool weather.
6. Degas the dough by hand kneading for a minute or so, it should revert to original size or similar.
7. Place the dough in your large bread tin, or divide into 6 even portions and shape into balls for rolls.
8. Leave to rise for at least 30 mins, or until it reaches the top of the tin or just above if you want a high loaf. For bread rolls, leave them to rise/expand till they are the size you want, but at least 30 mins.
9. Brush the top with water to have a crispier crust.
10. Place into a cold over, turn it on to 180deg cel, fan forced (or 200deg cel no fan) and bake for 25 mins.
11. Tip the loaf out on a wire rack and tap the bottom, it should sound hollow. For bread rolls, just pop them out onto the rack to cool.
12. Allow bread to cool before slicing.
To prepare the dough
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.