- 250 g warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 300 g Baker's Flour, + extra for dusting
- 120 g rye flour
- 1.5 tablespoons milk powder
- 30 g Treacle or molasses
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 3 heaped teaspoons Gluten flour
- 1 tsp malt barley/brewing sugar, Optional
- 2 tsp salt
- 30 g olive oil
- 1/4 tsp citric acid, Optional. Gives extra tang.
- 1 heaped teaspoon caraway seeds, Optional. But more authentic.
2h 40minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all the ingredients in the order listed ( except for the extra flour for dusting) and blend briefly 15secs/ sp7
Knead 5 minutes, adjusting with small amounts of flour and water if required to make a smooth dough.
Rest, covered to double.
Punch down and shape into a tight ball.
Place on a large sheet of parchment paper.
Score and sprinkle with flour.
Cover again and leave to rise in a warm place 30-45mins.
Meanwhile place a heavy, lidded Dutch oven in the oven to preheat @ 230°C for at least 30 mins.
Carefully remove the extremely hot pan from the oven.
Remove the lid, carefully place the loaf ( with the paper over hang) in the hot pot, place the hot lid back on and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the hot hot lid and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden and crunchy on top.
Cool on a wire rack.
Accessories you need
Delicious tangy rye bread.
Beautiful at any time of the day. 😋
If you don’t have an enamel, lidded pot, simply form into a ball (2nd prove) on a baking sheet, slash and bake at 190C for 30-35 mins.
"Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners for great recipes,tips and cooking inspiration"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mini sticky date loaves
- Paratha / Roti
- Cheese scones
- Oat bran cookies
- Chocolate caramel coconut balls
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Crusty French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Instant porridge ( like the sachets... only BETTER)
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Blueberry Jam
- David's Dhall
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Sweetened Langka (jackfruit)