- 250 g warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 300 g Baker's Flour, + extra for dusting
- 120 g rye flour
- 1.5 tablespoons milk powder
- 30 g Treacle or molasses
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 3 heaped teaspoons Gluten flour
- 1 tsp malt barley/brewing sugar, Optional
- 2 tsp salt
- 30 g olive oil
- 1/4 tsp citric acid, Optional. Gives extra tang.
- 1 heaped teaspoon caraway seeds, Optional. But more authentic.
2h 40minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all the ingredients in the order listed ( except for the extra flou for dusting) and blend briefly 15secs/ sp7
Knead 5 minutes, adjusting with small amounts of flour and water if required to make a smooth dough.
Rest, covered to double.
Punch down and shape into a tight ball.
Place on a large sheet of parchment paper.
Score and sprinkle with flour.
Cover again and leave to rise in a warm place 30-45mins.
Meanwhile place a heavy, lidded Dutch oven in the oven to preheat @ 230°C for at least 30 mins.
Carefully remove the extremely hot pan from the oven.
Remove the lid, carefully place the loaf ( with the paper over hang) in the hot pot, place the hot lid back on and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the hot hot lid and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden and crunchy on top.
Cool on a wire rack.
Accessories you need
Delicious tangy rye bread.
Beautiful at any time of the day. 😋
If you don’t have an enamel, lidded pot, simply form into a ball (2nd prove) on a baking sheet, slash and bake at 190C for 30-35 mins.
"Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners for great recipes,tips and cooking inspiration"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Basil pesto
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Seeded banana and honey loaf
- Jam and cream tea cakes
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Jam donut muffins AKA "Duffins"
- Churro Pancakes
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Marmalade cake
- Basil pesto
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada