- 500 g flour
- 10 g Yeast, or 30g fresh yeast
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g lard
- 3 eggs, yolks only
- 250 g Luke Warm Water
- 1kg brown onions
- 200 g bacon, or ham
- 5 eggs
- 300 g sour cream
- salt, for taste
- caraway seeds, some
Recipe is created for
1. place all the ingridients for the dough into the TM bowl, mix it for 5secs on speed 7. then knead for 2-5min. let it rise.
2. roll out the dough on a bking tray about 1cm thick let it rise for a while again.
1. preheat the oven to 150deg.
2. as long as the dough is rising you can make the topping. put the ham or bacon in the TM bowl, chop it into small pieces for 1-2 sec on speed 7, set aside.
3. peel and cut the onions in quarters, put them into the TM bowl, chop into little cubes with the aid of the spatula, then add 3/4 of the ham or bacon and oil and saute both for 12min, on 100deg, speed 1-2 reverse.
4. once cooled down a bit spread it over the dough. place the eggs with the sour cream and the salt to taste in the bowl, mix it for 5-7 sec on speed 5, pour over the onions and the ham or bacon.
5. spread the rest of the ham or bacon on top also some caraway seeds.
6. put the temperature on the oven up to 180deg and bake the cake for about 30mins or until golden brown.
i noticed that the australian baking trays are smaller than the german ones. so probably the dough will be to much on the one tray, but you can use it for two trays or freeze it for next time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ultimate Pizza Dough
- Sourdough (in a date loaf tin)
- Crusty French baguettes
- Oatmeal bread
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- Spelt and Pumpkin seed Bread (lower GI, higher protein, multigrain and seeds)
- Langos (Hungarian fried potato bread)
- Sweet potato bread
- Cheese Sandwich
- "Fluffy French Toast w Puddles of Love"
- Rice bread
- Baba Ganoush Chicken
- Tweaked version of Edna's Lemon Curd Teacake
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Lamb Shanks
- Cheats Thermomix Pasta Sauce Napoletana Style
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Passionfruit Yogurt cake
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- Kahlúa frappe
- Quick hash browns
- Vegetable and Tuna Pattie
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Sauce